30 Apr Roast Chicken with Sweet Potato fries and aioli
Roast Chicken with Sweet Potato fries and aioli
I do not exaggerate when I say, that we eat this dish once a week. It is so easy to make, and the flavour profile is wonderful. As this dish contains sweet potatoes it is therefore a little higher in carbs. For this reason, when I know I am making this dish, I always plan my meals for the entire day in advance so that I can keep all other carbs much lower.
Despite this, it is really all worth it 🙂 The combination of the salty, crispy, chewy sweet potatoes with aioli and chicken is a combination made in heaven.
Johan always roasts the chicken
You know men and barbecues, right? Many years ago, I surprised Johan with a new barbecue as a present for Father’s Day. That was some of the best money I ever spent. As yet, he has never refused to do it when I have asked him to grill something – anything. It is like the barbecue area takes men back to the stone age or something. I do not know why – but this is amazing. Anything I want grilled I hand him on a plate, and he will make it for me. I wonder if this is the same in your house?
Well – back to the recipe. Make sure to get an organic free-range chicken. You want to eat the best meat you can get, and I promise you, it will be worth the extra money. I always save the carcus, pop it in the freezer and once I have 3-4 of them, I make a delicious bone broth.
Serves 3-4 persons
- 1 organic free-range chicken – mine was 2,1 kg
- 2 big sweet potatoes each approx. 500 grams
- 5 twigs of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt flakes
- 150 – 200 ml taste neutral olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
HOW TO COOK IT STEP BY STEP
- Rub the chicken with a little of the oil, put the rosemary twigs into it and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast on a barbecue or in a traditional oven at 200 – 220 degrees for approx. 1 hour. Make sure the juices are clear before serving.
Sweet potato fries:
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into fries slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Make sure the oil covers completely.
- Bake in the oven at 175 degrees for approx. 1 hour.
- Be careful not to burn them, watch them for the last 15 minutes and take them out when crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Put 150 ml of the olive oil and the rest of the ingredients in a tall container.
- Use a stick blender to blend it all together.
- If necessary, add a little more oil, until the consistency is smooth and add extra salt, lemon juice or vinegar to taste.
Serve your tasty chicken, with the sweet potato fries and aioli. If you like, make a salad to go with it. I made a simple spinach and green leaf salad with red bell pepper and blueberries. To serve, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.