03 Dec Parsnip soup
Winter is here in Mallorca so we’ve been serving more warming foods for our clients. Prepared from organic and nutritious ingredients, this Parsnip Soup contains lots of vitamin C, folate and magnesium. We source all of our ingredients organically, and local to Mallorca where possible. Magnesium is important for the body to stay healthy, regulating blood sugar levels, sleeping patterns and muscle and nerve function.
- 500 g of parsnips
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 dl vegetable broth
- 2.5 dl almond milk
- Salt & pepper
Root vegetable chips
- 200 g. Mixed root vegetables (parsnip, carrot, potato or beetroot)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
How to cook it step by step:
Root vegetable crisps
- Turn the oven on 150 degrees hot air
- Peel the root vegetables of your choice and cut them as thin slices as possible
- Brush the chips with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in the oven approx. 12-15 minutes, but keep an eye on them as they can quickly be done. Take them out when they are golden and crisp on the edges
- Peel the parsnips, onions and potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces. Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes. Add the broth and let it boil. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are completely tender and soft
- Blend it completely smooth. Add almond milk and season with salt and pepper
- Server with the crisp root vegetables as decoration
Anything special to REMEMBER?
- You can change the almond milk into any vegan milk you preferer
- For getting the crisps as thin as posible use a mandolin iron
Benefits from the dish:
This soup is very easy to make, nutritious and warming. In addition, it has a nice, almost white color that only makes it extra delicious. The taste is mild and creamy. The homemade root vegetables are easy to make and are really the icing for this soup.
Is a good source of vitamin C, folate and magnesium
Magnesium is a nutrient that the body needs to stay healthy. Magnesium is important for many processes in the body, including regulating muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure.